I fell in love with Paula-Peter Gallagher

Although widely recognized for his role as one of the greatest TV dads of all time Sandy Cohen on The O.C., Peter Gallagher has a family of his own and he can’t get enough of them.


“I fell in love with Paula when I saw her picture in the freshman directory,” the star exclusively shares in the new issue of Closer, of his wife Paula Harwood.

The two, who met in 1973 at Tufts University, are the proud parents of James, 24, and Kathryn, 20. “For some reason, we still choose to put up with each other,” Peter tells Closer of his marriage, which has lasted over three decades! “She understands what I do,” he says. “I think we are very much like a little pod.”

What’s their secret? “Never be apart for more than two weeks,” Peter, who currently stars on USA Network’s hit show Covert Affairs, tells Closer. “Beyond that, you can start to forget who you are.”-CLOSER WEEKLY

Comments