Lily Collins lost out on Gossip Girl role

Lily Collins thought it was the ''end of the world'' when she lost out on a role in 'Gossip Girl'


The 25-year-old actress was devastated when she failed to land a part in the US teen drama TV series because she was desperate to be in the show, but now admits she could have been ''pigeon-holed'' if she had got the part and would have missed out on several film roles.

She said: ''I tested for 'Gossip Girl'. I wanted to be in it so badly, I thought at the time it was the end of the world.

''Now I think, 'Well I would have got pigeon-holed, have had to move to New York, leave high school and be signed away for six years. I wouldn't have done the films I've done, and everything would have been so different.' ''

Lily - who has starred in movies 'The Blind Side' and 'Mirror Mirror' - paid tribute to fellow actresses Jennifer Lawrence and Kristen Stewart for coping with fame by being ''witty'' and ''cool, young women''.

Speaking to Marie Claire magazine, she added: ''They're witty, strong, funny, cool, young women. It's really just nice to see that it's possible to go through something like that and still be genuinely awesome people.''

Comments